TODAY'S FORECAST: Partly sunny, high near 75

A cool down; storms too

Independence Day Monday: Mostly cloudy, 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms, highs lower 90's. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: Partly cloudy and hot.

Highs this afternoon will climb to the mid 90s under partly cloudy skies.

There is a 30 percent chance of scattered showers firing up this afternoon. Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.

Lakes Area Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 50% coverage of rain and thunderstorms.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 78. A true summer night tonight as lows fall into the mid 70s with plenty of humidity to go around. Lingering showers and thunder over the southeastern corner of Colorado will clear this morning. That coupled with northwest flow of the ridge of high pressure that is over the Rockies is allowing temperatures to stay below normal. Southwest wind around 6 miles per hour becoming calm in the evening.

Thursday...Considerable cloudiness with showers and thunderstorms likely.

Partly sunny with a high near 93.

Friday Night: South winds 5 to 10 knots.

Sunny skies are predicted for Thursday, with a high near 83. High temperature near: 96. Shower and thunderstorm chances ramp up to 40 percent for Saturday and Sunday. Low temperatures near: 79. One storm developed over northern Boulder County moved south and blasted a direct hit on the Denver metro area with strong winds, heavy rains, lightning thunder and hail!

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kellogg opening cereal cafe in NYC
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:10
An all-day breakfast menu at a restaurant typically features sausages, eggs, pancakes and waffles. The cafe, called Kellogg's NYC , launches on July 1 in the heart of Times Square.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Search launched for missing children in Brecon Beacons
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:10
The school was contacted and a member of staff was able to give police the six digit grid reference for the pupils' location. WalesOnline reports that the schoolchildren who were found have been transported to the pub in Tafarn Y Garreg to warm up.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ditka, Bobby Knight to speak at GOP convention
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:08
As of publication, neither the Trump campaign nor the GOP convention team have responded to our requests for comment. Tyson, Ditka and Knight's specific roles at the RNC have not been determined or finalized, Bloomberg says.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ask Sourav Ganguly what problem he has with me: Ravi Shastri
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:07
We all want the Indian team to do well. "I think we have a great chance to win the upcoming series", Kumble insisted. His wisdom on the application of technology to the game of cricket was even more profound: "I don't have a laptop".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tunnel used by Jews in Lithuania to escape Nazis uncovered
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:05
Only 11 reached the Jewish resistance forces and survived the war; the survivors gave testimonies about what happened at Ponar. For three months, some of the prisoners secretly dug an underground tunnel to escape.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Men whose wives, 4 kids killed in wreck ID'd
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:04
Tuesday in the southbound lanes of Interstate 5 north of Gorman near Peace Valley Road and the Kern County line. Five people have been killed and two more hurt in a multi-vehicle crash on a highway near Los Angeles.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top USA crude stockpiles fall, gasoline builds as refiners boost output
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:03
But he also pointed to a sharp drop in U.S. crude production of 55,000 barrels per day. "That has simply not happened". It hit a near one-week high of $50.74 during the session.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Govt confident of passing GST Bill in monsoon session of Parliament
Jun 30, 2016 - 02:02
Speaking to media, Naidu said, "Government is confident of GST bill's passage in this session". Naidu said that there are 11 Bills pending in Lok Sabha and 45 Bills pending in Rajya Sabha.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Prince estate case heads back to Minnesota courtroom
Jun 29, 2016 - 06:10
Carver County Judge Kevin Eide called the hearing Monday to discuss the protocols to determine who is an heir. Her lawyer said her claim could be backed up by a DNA test if permitted by the court.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 3 facing weapons charges from tunnel plead not guilty
Jun 29, 2016 - 06:08
A firearm was then seen on a seat inside the vehicle and a subsequent search uncovered two rifles, five handguns and knives. An Allentown, Pa., bail bondsman asked for their cash, too, in an effort to spring Cramsey, who was held on $75,000 bail.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump hits back at Clinton, calls her 'world class liar'
Jun 29, 2016 - 06:06
She knew within hours that the attacks in Benghazi were a terrorist attack, and not a spontaneous protest due to a You Tube Video. Donald Trump's presidential campaign is trying to recover from a rocky stretch of dipping poll numbers and limping fundraising.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Google Cast For Education Announced
Jun 29, 2016 - 06:06
Using Quizzes in Google Forms , teachers can integrate quizzes into the forms that appear on student devices. Until now, teachers had to use a computer connected to the projector to show the class visual information.

Hodgson reluctantly faces music after seismic Iceland loss
Jun 29, 2016 - 06:06
I said after the three group games that England weren't good enough. Jenas admitted on BBC5 Live: "I don't know where we go from here".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top BET Awards full of Prince tributes and political moments
Jun 29, 2016 - 06:05
He won Best Male Hip Hop Artist, Best Collaboration with Rihanna and Best Group with rapper-singer-producer Future. At one point, Lamar and Beyonce kicked the water and danced in sync, drawing a heavy applause from the audience.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top IEA - Air Pollution A Significant Public Health Crisis
Jun 29, 2016 - 06:04
The report further said that about 60 percent of global emissions of sulphur dioxide, related to combustion, originate from coal. The release of these pollutants is mainly due to unregulated or inefficient energy production and use.